miércoles, 8 de julio de 2009

Cool Idiots



Some asshole I met today tells me that he doesn't like post-punk because it is the divide between punk and emo, not only that but that it brought forth emo. WTF?! Emo happened in the 90's, punk was from the 70's and post-punk from the laste 70's, early 80's. There are quite the few bands and genres in between post-punk and emos. I was speechless. I asked where he got this from and he said he knows because the emo's copied their look from post-punk artists. Huh? Did they really? I thought emo's got their look from goths, that's what it reminds me of. I asked him "could you possibly be confusing new wave with post-punk?" because i really couldn't understand his logic. He said no. I brought out my computer, 'cause I don't know crap about emos, but him comparing it to post-punk really shook me up. I looked it up, there was no post-punk-emo connection. I showed him. He kept on repeating the same stuff. I mean, not knowing something is ok, but hanging on to opinions which are not based on any real facts it's completly moronic. I thought this dude was cool and knowledgable but it turns out he only has a cool mustache.

0 comentarios:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Saliendo de la Cueva - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008